The Dancing Together, Again! project attracted a total of 64 applications, 11 of which were evaluated on their merits. Ultimately, the scholarship has been awarded to 3 individuals.
In the first stage, of the 64 applications received by the National Institute of Music and Dance via Microsoft Forms app, 7 were addressed to the Georgian partner and 1 to the Italian partner, and were duly forwarded for their assessment. 45 applications were rejected on account of formal errors, in particular: incompatible tax residency, omissions in the application form, or late submission. The remaining 11 applications were qualified for the next stage of evaluation.
In the second stage, the commission of the National Institute of Music and Dance, comprised of:
- Karol Urbański – Deputy Director of the National Institute of Music and Dance for Dance,
- Dr. Aleksandra Kleinrok – Head of the Dance Impresario Division, Dance Department, NIMiT, and
- Mateusz Czekaj – Project Coordinator, Dance Impresario Division, Dance Department, NIMiT,
has subjected the following applications to substantive evaluation:
|2||Monika Błaszczak||artist, researcher|
|3||Anna Maria Dąbrowska||artist|
|10||Justyna Warelis||artist, curator|
In making its selection, the committee evaluated the applications based on the following criteria: relevance of the idea presented in the submitted materials to the objectives and goals of the project, professional experience of the applicant, creativity in addressing the theme of the residency.
After due deliberation, the committee recommended 5 applications for consideration in the final stage of evaluation:
In the third and final stage, a committee consisting of representatives of the Project Partners:
- Gabriella Stazio – Artistic Director of Movimento Danza, Naples, Italy,
- Eleonora Tempesta – Producer of Movimento Danza, Naples, Italy,
- Žak Valenta – Artistic Director of the TRAFIK Dance/Theatre Company, Rijeka, Croatia.
- Levan Khetaguri – Director of the Arts Institute Research of Georgia, Tbilisi, Georgia, and
- Mateusz Czekaj – project coordinator, Dance Impresario Division, Dance Department, National Institute of Music and Dance,
has qualified 3 applicants from Poland to participate in the project:
Our heartfelt congratulations to the residents!
During their residency in Georgia, the awardees will engage in creative collaborations with participants from other partner countries:
Curator: Nicola Campanelli; researcher: Andrea Zardi; dancer: Iole La Sala.
Researcher: Salo Tsindeliani; curator: Oliko Barbakadze; dancer: Kote Liparteliani.
Researcher: Sandra Šok; dancer: Tony Flego; curator: Josipa Bubaš.
We would like to take this occasion to extend our words of thanks to all applicants, and encaourage you to apply again in the subsequent residencies in Croatia and Italy!